Search This Blog

Saturday, August 06, 2005

"PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER"


A very dear Friend of mine was a Police sargaent in Beverly Hills, many years ago. He had a lot of challenges while still young. He lost his wife, also a Police officer, to a heart attack, he got injured and no longer was able to work for the BHPD... And then in the last 15 years he developed prostate cancer. This ultimatly took his life. He was a Real Trooper, though. he would go to Battle for anyone of thing he truly believed in. He had this one saying that I have adopted.
"JUST PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER... AND WATCH OUT WHERE YOU ARE STEPPING!"

Things happen, Bad things happen, Life has many challenges. But that is the very definition of life....Acceptance is the Reward for True Peace.

My life is harried right now. I often feel "fenced in". I often think that I may crumple under the load of stresses that bring me down....An inward voice calls to "release my Anxieties to God, for HE cares for me!" (1peter 5:7) I often want to hide and feel that i can no longer make it in the Real World. Yet somehow, I keep going. I am lots stronger than I know I am.... "Like my friend... I must PUTONEFOOTFRONTOF THE OTHER AND WATCHOUTWHEREI AM STEPPING!" and a song sings over me... we are not left powerless. God will help us to get through... for I can do all things thru Christs which strengthens me.

Have a Blessed Hopefilled Day

No comments: